Virginia business law attorney Brian Ebert: I am an alumnus of Notre Dame and the College of William and Mary School of Law, as well as a veteran of the U.S. Navy, where I served as an officer. I have more than twenty years' experience representing and advising businesses and their owners.
I offer legal assistance to businesses in a great many transactional matters, such as drafting contracts and writing shareholder or employment agreements. In addition, I have litigated business matters in federal and state courts of Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Maryland. Contact me to discuss your legal business issues and how I can help you.
Following a law clerkship with a United States magistrate judge and a decade of business law practice in two different law firms, I founded a practice in Vienna, Virginia, where I advise businesses and represent their owners in solving business problems and legal issues.
My business clients have included a great many individuals, small- to mid-size businesses, and nationally-known companies. My litigation experience includes a wide variety of business-related court cases, including promissory notes, personal guaranties, commercial leases, construction contracts and noncompete agreements.
I have argued cases before the Virginia Supreme Court, and briefed appeals before the United States Court of Appeals and the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
I am a member of the American Bar Association, as well as the state bars of Virginia and Maryland, and the District of Columbia Bar. I am admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Virginia. I was a long-time member of the American Inns of Court. I remain actively engaged in continuing legal education, such as by attending the University of Virginia Trial Advocacy Institute and the National Institute of Trial Advocacy Appellate Advocacy Program.
To put my knowledge and experience as both a trial lawyer and business transaction attorney to work for you, contact me to discuss your legal concerns.
Areas Of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Estate Litigation
- Landlord and Tenant
- Employment Law
- Buying and Selling a Business
- Buying and Selling Real Estate
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1990
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1990
- Virginia Supreme Court, 1989
- U.S. Tax Court, 2003
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 05/1989
- University Of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.A. - 05/1982
- Major: Government and International Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- George Mason American Inn of Court, Member, 2000 to 2010
- American Bar Association, Sections on Litigation and Business Law, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Joint VSB/VBA Task Force on Multi-Disciplinary Practices, Member, 2000 to 2003
- Virginia State Bar, Member, Standing Committee on Professionalism, (Chair, Subcommittee on Faculty Training 1995-1999), 1995 to 1999
- District of Columbia Bar (Editorial Board, District Court Digest, Litigation Section), Member, 1997 to 1999
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors 1996-1998, 1991
- Northern Virginia Young Lawyers Association, President, 1995 to 1995
Past Employment Positions
- Foust & Clark, P.C., McLean, Virginia, 1998 to 2001
- Boring & Pilger, P.C., Vienna, Virginia, 1991 to 1998
- Honorable W. Harris Grimsley, United States Magistrate Judge, Alexandria, Virginia, Law Clerk, 1990 to 1991
- United States Navy, Officer, 1982 to 1986