Experienced Representation In Employee Benefits Disputes
The law firm of Brian V. Ebert, P.C., provides counsel and representation to both employers and employees in matters of ERISA and employee benefits. From our law office in Fairfax, we serve clients in Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C., and beyond.
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) governs the administration of almost all private sector employee benefits, including pensions, health care benefits, long-term disability benefits and life insurance benefits. ERISA also requires the disclosure of financial information and the details of insurance coverage to employees in order to protect their interests.
Employees who have had their retirement benefits reduced, their benefits claims denied, or benefit plans mismanaged by their employers or plan providers need experienced representation by lawyers who understand ERISA. Attorneys at Brian V. Ebert, P.C., stay current on any changes to ERISA and have a comprehensive understanding of the law.
- Prohibited transactions involving ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code
- Compliance with reporting and disclosure requirements
- Administrative procedures and plan interpretations that could lead to disputes
- Administrative disputes and litigation over benefits claims
- Employee benefit plan issues that arise from mergers and acquisitions, or other changes to the business
- Plan qualifications and fiduciary responsibility